Ryan B. Morris
Open Source Projects:
- Software engineer with a breadth of skill in numerous languages and technologies.
- Experienced in Web, Desktop, and Mobile Application development.
- Well versed in writing and automating tests.
- Previous Experience in Information Technology.
Computing Tools:ANT, Cmake, Git, GoogleTest, GNUMake, InstallShield, Jenkins, MATLAB, MSBuild, GNUMake, Nmake, PowerShell, Rational Team Concert, VisualStudio
Frameworks:.NET, Angular, Backbone.js, jQuery, SDL
Operating Systems:Linux (Arch, Debian, Gentoo), OpenBSD, OSX, Windows Desktop/Server
May 2017 – Current
Software Engineer (Test Services and Reporting)
Microsoft (HCL America Inc.) - Redmond, Washington
- Maintained and enhanced software used to oversee the Testing of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Provided custom reporting and data mining services that facilitated decision making.
- Improved the quality and re-usability of existing software libraries minimizing future development costs.
May 2015 – October 2016
Deputy Technical Lead/Software Engineer
Raytheon Missle Systems - Tucson, Arizona
- Analyzed, maintained, developed, and supported deployment of Mission Planning software for Precision Guided Munitions.
- Provided on-boarding and technical guidance to junior members of the team.
- Developed a build system for a Mission Planning software suite containing Java, C++, C# and Perl components with complicated interdependencies.
- Developed a custom test tool to verify data across different interfaces of Mission Planning and Simulation software reducing time spent manually running tests.
- Modernized a 10+ year old code base to run on latest tooling and operating systems.
- Assumed a leadership role on the team in absence of the Technical Lead.
April 2014 – November 2014
Resource Data, Inc. - Juneau, Alaska
- Developed, maintained and tested Android, and .NET MVC applications
- Modernized out dated web services used by the state of Alaska
July 2012 – August 2013
Software Development Intern
Spire Digital – Denver, Colorado
- Saved the company upwards of $10,000 by automating the packaging and deployment of a website.
- Automated deployment and testing of web sites through Jenkins.
- Managed a virtualized LAMP server infrastructure using Amazon Web Services.
- Created and executed regression, smoke and integration tests on a variety of Mobile and Web Applications.
B.S. cum laude 3.73 GPA December 2013
Colorado Mesa University, Grand Junction CO
Major: Computer Science:
- Dean’s list and Presidents list
- Member of Association of Computing Machinery (ACM), and Upsilon Pi Epsilon Honor Society
- Participated in Inter Collegiate Programming Competition for 2 years
- Area of Special Interest: Cryptography and Fourier Analysis