Ryan B. Morris
Open Source Projects:
Summary of Qualifications
Well versed in the complexities of building, testing, and deploying modern software across multiple CPU architectures. As well as collecting performance data, analyzing it, and verifying it against operational requirements. Familiar with a wide variety of modern programming languages, continuous integration and testing technologies. With experience developing software on Desktop, Embedded, Mobile, and Web platforms.
Developer Tools: Cargo, Cmake, Git, GoogleTest, GNUMake, Jenkins, MSBuild, GNUMake, Nmake, PowerShell, Subversion
Frameworks: .NET, Angular, Boost, CppUTest, GoogleTest, Node.js, jQuery, RapidJSON, Spdlog, SDL
Operating Systems: Linux (Arch, BusyBox Debian, Gentoo), Windows Desktop/Server
March 2018 – Current
Dynon Avionics - Woodinville, Washington
Developed and maintained software for embedded Avionics used in experimental and general aviation aircraft. Designed test procedures and collected performance data, analyzing it, and verifying it against DO-334 standards. Additional accomplishments included:
- Helped develop and refine UI components for an EFIS that is now regularly flown
- Optimized custom buildroot OS to run on embedded avionics devices
- Improved test coverage and code quality across several C and C++ codebases
- Automated the build, test, and deployment process of several key pieces of software with Continuous Integration
- Wrote and executed test plans that where used to collect data on several test flights
- Peformed data analysis of test flight and performance data
May 2017 – February 2018
Software Engineer (Test Services and Reporting)
Microsoft (HCL America Inc.) - Redmond, Washington
Worked as an integral member of the Test Services and Reporting team which developed and maintained tools used for the testing of the Windows operating system. Additional duties included:
- Maintained an Angular.js web application that was used to rerun failed tests.
- Provided custom reporting and data mining services that facilitated decision making.
- Devleoped and maintained several npm libraries improving the quality and re-usability of several software applications.
May 2015 – October 2016
Raytheon Missle Systems - Tucson, Arizona
Worked as a key member of the Mission Planning team for the JSOW and Paveway precision guided munitions. Accomplishments while there included:
- Developed a build system for a Mission Planning software suite containing Java, C++, C# and Perl components with complicated interdependencies.
- Developed a custom test tool to verify data across different interfaces of Mission Planning and Simulation software reducing time spent manually running tests.
- Maintained and modernized C# plugins used to perform Mission Planning
- Provided on-boarding and technical guidance to junior members of the team.
April 2014 – November 2014
Resource Data, Inc. - Juneau, Alaska
Developed and maintained web services contracted out to the state of Alaska. Noteworthy project included:
- Developed an Android app that showed Juneau bus routes and schedule times.
- Performed feature development for an ASP.net web applicatoin that facilited various government services.
July 2012 – August 2013
Software Development Intern
Spire Digital – Denver, Colorado
A summer software developer internship.
- Automated the packaging and deployment of a web application that saved the company upwards of $10,000 in labor and server costs
- Managed a virtualized LAMP server infrastructure using Amazon Web Services and Jenkins.
- Created and executed regression, smoke and integration tests on a variety of Mobile and Web Applications.
B.S. cum laude 3.73 GPA December 2013
Colorado Mesa University, Grand Junction CO
Major: Computer Science:
- Dean’s list and Presidents list
- Member of Association of Computing Machinery (ACM), and Upsilon Pi Epsilon Honor Society
- Participated in Inter Collegiate Programming Competition for 2 years
- Area of Special Interest: Cryptography and Fourier Analysis